GMA: New Dove Body Image Ad Campaign & Trisha Yearwood’s Weight Loss

ADVERTISEMENT

GMA: Sam Champion’s Joke

George Stephanopoulos told us when Good Morning America came back from commercial break that he wished Sam Champion could tell America the story he was just telling all of them. “No, we can’t!” Sam Champion said as everyone else was laughing. What was the story? Was it too personal, or too gross? What do the anchors talk about when the cameras aren’t on them? I’m really curious.

GMA: New Dove Body Image Ad Campaign & Trisha Yearwood's Weight Loss

Trisha Yearwood told People magazine that she lost 30 pounds by designing her own weekly menu and creating a low-fat, low-sugar diet 90 percent of the time. (Featureflash / Shutterstock.com)

ADVERTISEMENT

GMA: New Dove Ad Campaign Looks At Body Image

Dove has a new ad campaign that has gone viral. The premise behind the ad is simple. Two female strangers were asked to describe each other and then themselves to a professional sketch artist who couldn’t see either of them. Then, the women were shown the pictures side by side. The result was that most women described themselves in a light that was much more unattractive than the way their fellow women saw them. What does this say about body image? The women at the table laughed at the suggestion of men doing this experiment, but Josh Elliott said (as I think any man who ever stood on a scale and frowned will know) that bad self-image is a cross-gender issue. He said he really felt that the result would be the same for men. Amy Robach added that she thought this was a wonderful experiment that illuminates the problem of self-image.

GMA: Trisha Yearwood Loses 30 Pounds

Country music star Trisha Yearwood is making headlines for losing 30 pounds. She’s struggled with her weight since grade school. Trisha Yearwood told People that “I’m that girl who buys every magazine where somebody’s lost 30 pounds. But I guess a part of me didn’t want to hear that it’s just really hard work.” So she created a strategy that works for her. She designed a plan where every meal was low-fat and low-sugar 90 percent of the time. She writes a menu and plans her meals for the week. But the other 10 percent of the time, she allows herself to indulge. She said she had a strength she didn’t have before and feels like now she can do anything. She also told the magazine that this wasn’t a fad diet, it was a lifelong change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Human Verification: In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.