Ellen: Chef Roberto Martin
Ellen DeGeneres loves to share her Vegan lifestyle and love for animals on the show. She invited a chef and author to share his vegan recipes, even for people who think they can’t give up meat. “These are recipes that you actually created, that Portia and I ate a lot,” Ellen said. His recipes include a Spicy Noodle Salad, Vegan Sliders, Fruity Snack Balls, and much more. He said that these are common everyday meals, but they’re completely vegan. Ellen said it’s tasty and better for you than meaty meals.
Ellen: Vegan Cooking For Carnivores Review
Chef Roberto said that his cookbook also contains a few cheat meals to help people cut down on calories. She also noted that Chef Roberto’s work with Ellen and Portia got him really excited about Vegan food. “I want people to realize that just because you’re eating vegan, that you’re not eating a bunch of sprouts and hippie food,” Chef Roberto said. “There’s lots of recipes in here that look like food your family’s used to eating.” Read Chef Roberto’s New Cookbook, Vegan Cooking For Carnivores.
Ellen: Chef Roberto Banana & Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
He demonstrated how to make recipes such as Banana & Oatmeal Pancakes. Ellen said these are some of the recipes that Portia De Rossi loves to make. “She’s actually become a pretty good cook,” Ellen said of her wife.
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 Bananas, chopped
- Nonstick Spray
- Blend the milk and oatmeal.
- Add the Baking Soda, Salt, Flour, and Bananas. Blend until smooth
- Let sit for about 10 minutes. Heat a pan or griddle.
- Spray the cooking surface, then measure about 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
- Cook about five minutes per side, flipping when air bubbles form.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Ellen: Chef Roberto’s Fresh Tomato Mary – Vegan Bloody Mary Recipe
Chef Roberto said that Bloody Marys are great, but the mixes are high in sodium. He said making it fresh means you get more Vitamin K, Niacin and other nutrients. Ellen gave this fresh Bloody Mary recipe her enthusiastic approval.
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes, cubed
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Horseradish
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 ounces Water
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces (or more, to taste!) Vodka
- Blend ingredients, except ice, pureeing until smooth.
- Serve over ice, maybe with your pancakes.