Ellen: Apple iPhone Siri Review
Ellen DeGeneres, like many Americans, is a convert to Apple’s iPhone. The latest generation of the iPhone includes Siri, a voice-activated search tool that can actually converse with you to help you find the information you seek.
Today, Ellen decided to learn more about Siri (or, as Ellen called it, “the woman who lives in here”) and she brought it out onstage to give the voice activated technology a whirl. She reported that things can get complicated when Siri doesn’t understand what you’re trying to ask her.
Ellen Talks To Apple iPhone’s Siri
“You ask a question and it answers,” Ellen explained before demonstrating the technology for the audience. Here are their exchanges from the show.
- Say hello, Siri.
- Hello, Siri.
- Will you tell me a joke?
- Two iPhones walk into a bar…I forget the rest.
- What do you look like?
- Does my appearance matter to you, Ellen?
- No, you’re very pretty.
- No, perhaps not.
- What’s your favorite color?
- My favorite color is…well, I don’t know how to say it in your language. It’s sort of greenish, but with more dimensions.
- What’s the meaning of life?
- I Kant answer that. Ha ha!
- Siri, I love you.
- You can’t.
- Do you love me?
- I’m not capable of love.
- I’ve met people like you before.
- Sorry, I don’t understand ‘I’ve met people like you before.’ Search the web.
- Do you think I should dance right now?
- It’s nice of you to ask, Ellen, but it doesn’t really matter what I think.
- I think I’ll dance right now.
- Searching the web. I found 11 dance clubs…8 of them are fairly close to you.
Ellen: Ellen Dance Dares Canadian News
Ellen showed a Canadian news clip that mentioned the recent international dance dares segment featuring some viewers from Canada. Unbeknownst to the news anchor, someone was actually doing a Dance Dare behind her during the broadcast.
However, Ellen clarified that there is no “bunch of other prizes” for the contest winner. It’s just a free trip to the Ellen’s show. And she’s still looking for Pregnant Women’s Dance Dares to be featured on the upcoming Mother’s Day show.
Ellen: Oh Puh-lice: Funny Police Reports
Ellen featured more viewer submitted police reports from around the nation. Here are today’s hilarious highlights.
- Massachusetts, 12:08pm – A woman called police to request that her son be escorted from her home because “he is overrated.”
- Montana, 2:35pm – Someone called from a gas station to report that kids were in the store “a hootin’ and a hollerin’.” making the cashier nervous. The cashier reported that she was not nervous.
- Wisconsin, 5:40pm – An old woman riding a motorized scooter was spotted stealing flowerpots from a neighbor’s yard. When police apprehended the woman, she said, “I’m sorry. I’m Russian.”
Ellen: Sophia Grace & Rosie
Warn your children. Sophia Grace and Rosie are returning to Ellen’s show on April 26 2012. In a highlight package of the young ladies’ Ellen appearances, we learned that Sophia Grace loves to say the phrase “So good.”
Ellen Dance Song: “Do I Do”
Stevie Wonder’s “Do I Do” was Ellen’s Dance Song with the audience today.