Ellen: Scarlett Johansson Vs Robert Downey Jr
When you watch a movie, do you think you can make judgements about the actors’ personalities based on their performances? What actors do you think would be best at some of Ellen DeGeneres’s favorite party games?
That’s what she set out to learn during her chat with The Avengers co-stars Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jr., whose Iron Man Costume Is Dangerous. Since you can now see Scarlett Johansson On The Hollywood Walk of Fame, Ellen thought they should face off in a game of Celebrity.
Ellen Celebrity Game: Robert Downey Jr
Since the guests were competing against each other, the rules were just a little different. They each had 45 seconds to get Ellen to name as many celebrities as possible by doing impressions, voices, or imitations.
Robert Downey Jr went first, and here are the celebrities he tried to make Ellen guess.
- Elvis – Robert did some rhythmic mumbling to evoke the King of Rock & Roll
- Marlon Brando – Mumbling didn’t work here, so he had to resort to hollering “Stella!”
- Samuel L Jackson – Robert used the famous quote from Snakes On A Plane
- Barbara Streisand – He sang a tiny bit of “Evergreen,” which did the trick for Ellen
- Charlie Chaplin – Robert silently twitched his mustache
- Arnold Schwarzenegger – “Governator”
- Gwyneth Paltrow – He mentioned her website, Goop, but time ran out before Ellen guessed this one.
In 45 seconds, Robert Downey Jr got Ellen to guess six celebrities.
Ellen Celebrity Game: Scarlett Johansson
It was Scarlett’s turn, and she was concerned about flop sweat as the clock began ticking. Here are the clues she gave Ellen.
- Cher – Scarlett went through lyrics, finally landing on “Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves”
- Judy Garland – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” and “Liza Minelli’s daughter” evoked the actress, but Ellen couldn’t come up with her name
- Britney Spears – “Hit Me Baby One More Time”
- Anthony Hopkins – Hannibal Lecter
- Marilyn Monroe – “Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend”
Scarlett got four celebrities, no thanks to Ellen’s sloppy guessing. That means Robert won, with a score of 6-4. Do you feel like the game was rigged, or did Ellen just lose momentum toward the end?