Ellen: Twin Chefs Audrey & Lilly Andrews
There’s something dynamic about twins in almost any situation, which is why I’m surprised we don’t see more of them in the entertainment world. I guess Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen had the market cornered for quite some time, but now that they’re retired from acting, maybe someone else can take a shot.
Perhaps it will be Ellen’s young guests, who “combine two of my favorite things: good food and adorableness.” Audrey and Lilly Andrews are 10-year-old twins, and they have been cooking since about age 4.
But it really became a passion for them around age 5 or 6, one of them explained in an overly articulate, coached manner that I’m sure we’re supposed to find precocious.
“It was kind of like we were doing it together. So it was kind of like we were growing at the same time, doing it at the same time,” they said together like only twins can.
They enjoyed getting in the kitchen together and growing to love food. They also stressed that have a passion for food, which is interesting because I don’t recall having a particular passion at age 10. Maybe my generation was just unmotivated.
Ellen: Twin Chefs: Bomini Vegan Panini Recipe
Today they taught Ellen how to make the Bomini, which is a vegan panini.
- Roasted Vegetables
- Basil Leaves
- Raw Cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- Curry Powder
- Paper Bag or Sandwich Press
- Season vegetables with salt, pepper, and olive oil for about 7-8 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix Cashews, Cream, and Curry Powder.
- Spread the Cashew Cream on your bread.
- Top with fresh Basil Leaves and Roasted Vegetables.
- To finish the sandwich, place your sandwich in a paper bag and sit on it to smash it together. Or you could use a sandwich press. But the girls swear sitting or stomping on the sandwich is a classic Italian trick.
Ellen: Twin Chefs From Sonoma California
If you’d like a wine pairing for this sandwich, the underage girls recommended that you solicit a suggestion from anyone walking around their hometown of Sonoma, California. Check out the girls’ other recipes at twinchefs.com.