Ellen: Celebrity Apprentice
Ellen DeGeneres loves reality shows, like The Bachelor. She talked about the new season of Celebrity Apprentice, saying she has decided to hire everyone that Donald Trump fires.
Spoiler alert: This week’s fired contestant was George Takei of Star Trek fame. Ellen put him to work selling swag from the Ellen shop, including T-shirts and Ellen Underwear.
Ellen: George Takei Celebrity Apprentice
George roamed the aisles like a stadium concession worker. Ellen said they would donate the proceeds of George’s efforts to charity.
The new season of Celebrity Apprentice airs Sunday nights on NBC.
Ellen: Bad Paid For Photos
Ellen featured viewer photos in her recurring segment, Bad Paid For Photos. What’s the worst photo you’ve ever paid for? You could send it in and maybe end up on TV. I’m not sure I would want to embarrass myself, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem for a lot of people.
Here were today’s featured shots.
- Emma in Washington: A frowning, angry baby with its arms crossed.
- Mirabella in California: Freshman photo with out of control hair, puffy on top and long in the back.
- Whitney in Michigan: A young girl in a sequined dance outfit, posed with a towel draped over her arm.
- Lauren in West Virginia: Her mom’s best friend, in a Glamour Shot, with her head tilted at a 45 degree angle. I can’t help but think of the Internally Decapitated Woman.
- Thomas in Alabama: A decades-old shot of a couple in matching checked plaid leisure suits.
Ellen: Classic Joke Monday
Every Monday, Ellen pulls out some classic jokes to entertain DJ Tony and her audience. “They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb, so I thought today’s joke should be animal themed,” she explained.
Why did the out of work dog chase its tail?
He was trying to make ends meet.
Classic Joke Monday is one of those universal segments that give Ellen and her show mass appeal. There’s something for everyone, with games like Sorry Spin and a mix of popular entertainers as guests. It’s no wonder the show is successful with this broad formula.