Ellen: Know Or Go Game
Ellen loves to play games on her show. Read about Ellen & Seth Rogen Playing The Last Word.
One of my favorite Ellen games is called Know Or Go. In this game, audience members answer trivia questions to win a prize. But there is a catch.
The contestants stand atop a large platform. If they answer incorrectly, not only are they eliminated from winning the prize, the floor drops out from under them and they disappear.
Ellen: Know Or Go To Las Vegas
Today’s version of the game was Las Vegas themed, and the prize was a trip to the famed Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas.
The prize included dinner for two at Bobby Flay’s restaurant, as well as tickets to the long-running Vegas show Jubilee! Finally, there was a shopping spree at the Caesar’s Palace mall. Read about The Skating Aratas in Las Vegas.
The contestants were Meghan Ambergee, Madison Frank, and Jenny Longhurst.
Ellen Know Or Go 2012 Oscars Q&A
Here are the Academy Award themed questions from the show. You can print them out and quiz your friends at an Oscar party this weekend (as long as you don’t think these are too easy!).
- Midnight In Paris is nominated for Best Picture. If you’re in Paris at midnight, what country are you in? (France)
- Walt Disney has won more Academy Awards than anybody else. He’s won more than 25, but less than 27. How many has he won? (26)
- Rooney Mara is nominated for Best Actress for playing a girl with a dragon tattoo. Name the film she stars in. (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)
- The Artist is nominated for 10 Oscars, and it’s a silent film. Act out this silently for me: You’re stranded on a desert island, hoping to get rescued. While you’re dancing the hula, you get excited because you see a ship in the distance.
- The Oscars are held at the Kodak Theatre. Finish this phrase: A picture’s worth a thousand ___. (Words)
- Kung Fu Panda 2 is nominated for Best Animated Feature. True or False: It seems like every animated movie gets a sequel except for Finding Nemo. (True)
- The Oscar statue was crafted in Chicago. Which musical won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2002? (Chicago)
- Brad Pitt is nominated for Best Actor for his role in Moneyball. Who is on the $5 bill? (Lincoln; Madison guessed Washington, who is on the $1, and was eliminated.)
- Kristin Wiig is nominated for writing Bridesmaids. Out of these three names, who is most famous for wearing wigs: Ellen, Cher, or Meredith Viera? (Cher; Jenny guessed Ellen and was eliminated.)
To win, Meghan had to answer three more questions correctly:
- There are five films nominated for Best Foreign Language Film. Say something in a foreign language. (Meghan said, “Hola, Ellen.”)
- Meryl Streep is nominated for Best Actress for Iron Lady. What is the symbol for Iron on the periodic table? (Fe)
- What movie won Best Picture in 1968? Ellen gave a hint: “Can I have some more, please?” (Oliver Twist; Meghan guessed The Parent Trap and Ellen dropped her through the floor.)
Would You Win Know Or Go?
Do you think you could win Know Or Go? This game looks like a lot of fun, and the questions seem easy, but I’m sure it’s a lot more stressful when you are up there onstage, under pressure. For playing a great game, Ellen gave all the girls the Las Vegas trip.