Dr Oz: Skinny Cocktails
Being on a diet doesn’t mean you can never have fun or give in to temptation. Dr Oz talked about his Fat-urday Cheats and Snack Swaps to keep you focused on diet goals without sacrificing too much. Finally, he got around to cocktails, and this is another cause for celebration. Beverage expert Anthony Caporale shared his Skinny Margarita Recipe and Skinny Sangria Recipe so you can still have your cocktails without worrying so much about your waistline.
Anthony Caporale told Dr Oz that the best way to refresh your favorite cocktails is to rely on fresh fruit to add sweetness instead of loading up your drinks with sugar. Check out how he said you can accomplish this with two classic bar favorites.
Dr Oz: Skinny Margarita Recipe
A typical Margarita is salty and sweet because it’s loaded up with sugar and hidden calories. Most recipes call for Sour Mix, which is full of High Fructose Corn Syrup. This recipe uses Orange Zest in place of Triple Sec to cut down on unwanted sugar. An average Margarita could run you 300 calories, but Anthony’s recipe weighs in with just 90 calories.
- 1 ounce Jalapeno Tequila
- 1/2 ounce Pear Nectar
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Citrus Zest
- Combine ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a glass over fresh ice.
- Add an optional lime wedge garnish before serving.
Dr Oz: Skinny Sangria Recipe
Sangria is a fresh and fruity drink that’s perfect for patio parties or other outdoor events. The best part is you can mix it up with fresh seasonal ingredients. By trying Anthony’s version of this recipe, you can cut your calories to just 170 for a single drink.
- Assorted sliced fresh fruit
- Seasonal Fruits
- 3 ounces Pinot Noir
- 1/2 ounce Pear Vodka
- 1 teaspoon Orange Blossom Honey
- 1 ounce Rose/Sparkling Wine
- Place a slice of each of your fruits in a glass. Add ice.
- Combine Pinot, Vodka, and Honey in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Strain into the glass and finish with Rose.
- Serve immediately, while chilled, with a straw.