Dr Oz: Chef Michelle Bernstein
Dr Oz’s Lazy Girls Guide To Getting Healthy featured Healthy Takeout Ideas, Kukicha Tea, Brown Rice Syrup, and even an Organic Shopping List. But it wouldn’t be complete without a cheap and easy recipe. That’s why he invited Chef Michelle Bernstein from Iron Chef America to prepare a chicken entree you can make tonight for under $10. Check out her Yogurt Marinated Chicken Breast & Quinoa Tabouli Recipes, which you can make for just $9.28.
How does it break down? Here are Dr Oz’s cost estimates for this dinner.
- Chicken – $2.04
- Yogurt Sauce – $2.14
- Quinoa – $5.10
- Total – $9.28
Of course, prices at your local store may vary, but hopefully you can find everything you need on the cheap. Just remember you have to marinate the chicken, so start this the day before you want to have it for dinner.
Michelle Bernstein: Yogurt Marinated Chicken Breast Recipe
Michelle’s big secret is to braise more affordable cuts of meat, pairing them with healthy filler options, such as Quinoa. That means more flavor, fewer calories, and less money spent. Check out her dinner ideas.
Ingredients – Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts, halved & puonded
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Ingredients – Marinade
- 8 ounces Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Mix marinade ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture. Add the rest into a one gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Add raw Chicken Breasts to marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Take Chicken out and carefully remove marinade.
- In a large pan on medium, heat oil. Then add Chicken Breasts.
- Brown Chicken for about five minutes on both sides, until fully cooked. Juices should run clear.
- Serve with remaining Yogurt marinade sauce.
For a complete meal, serve this dish with Michelle’s Quinoa Tabouli Recipe on the side.
Michelle Bernstein: Quinoa Tabouli Recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Kale, sliced
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 1/4 cup Mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup Scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Follow box directions to prepare Quinoa.
- Chill after cooking.
- Mix with additional ingredients.
- Be creative and make it your own with substitutions or favorite seasonings.
What do you think? It sounds easy enough. If you try it out, be sure to share your results.