Dr Oz: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight
Dr William Davis explained how your body could be suffering a Wheat Attack, and he has a cookbook of dinners you can quickly prepare that do not include wheat. Wheat Belly 30-Minute (Or Less!) Cookbook is on sale now, and Davis shared some menu options with Dr Oz. Try a Berry Muffin, Bacon Chicken Wrap, and Shrimp Marinara, all without wheat.
“Nobody should be eating those gluten-free junk carbohydrates,” Dr Davis said of wheat substitutes, because they use other starches that spike your blood sugar.
Dr Oz: Wheat Belly Quick Berry Muffin Recipe
This Berry Muffin alternative takes just minutes to put together.
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 tbsp Sweetener
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp melted Butter
- 1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 cup Berries
- Combine mix with sweetener, salt, and cinnamon.
- Whisk in egg. Add butter with berries and mix.
- Transfer to a ramekin or mug.
- Microwave for two minutes (for frozen berries; do 90 seconds for fresh berries).
- Let cool before serving.
Dr Oz: Wheat Belly Bacon Balsamic Chicken Wrap Recipe
How can you come up with a wheat-free sandwich for lunch? Try this Bacon Balsamic Chicken Wrap at lunchtime without having to give up a favorite meal.
- 4 slices Bacon
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Chicken Breast, cut in strips
- 4 oz sliced Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 Flaxseed Wraps
- Olive Oil
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high.
- Cook bacon with chicken and mushrooms, about eight minutes, until cooked through.
- Reserve chicken and bacon.
- Reduce to low heat and add vinegar to the mushrooms, simmering to reduce.
- Take off heat.
- Layer chicken and bacon in the wraps.
- Top with lettuce and mushrooms.
- Roll up and serve.
Dr Oz: Wheat Belly Creamy Shrimp Marinara Recipe
Pasta is a family favorite for many of us, but how can you do it without wheat? Dr Oz and Dr Davis showed off a Creamy Shrimp Marinara recipe using Zucchini Noodles.
You could also use Shirataki Noodles to substitute in a pasta recipe. Look for these in the refrigerated section of a health food store.
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 lb peeled, deveined Shrimp
- 1 minced Shallot
- 1 28-oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 package Shirataki Noodles
- Olive Oil
- Heat oil on medium in a skillet.
- Cook shallot and garlic in the pan for about two minutes.
- Add tomatoes with Italian seasoning and paste. Simmer.
- Reduce heat and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add shrimp. Cover and simmer to opaque, about three minutes.
- Add cream and cook two minutes to heat through.
- Serve over zucchini noodles.