Dr Oz: Wheat Belly Baking
Dr Oz and Dr William Davis explored the Wheat Belly Diet, which aims to help users lose 15 pounds in the first month by eliminating Frankenwheat from their diets and using Wheat Belly Swap recipes instead. But after you make pizza or chicken for dinner, what’s for dessert? Check out these Wheat Belly Baking recipes for Wheat Belly Bread and a Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge dessert.
Dr Oz Wheat Belly Baking: Wheat Belly Bread Recipe
How can you still enjoy bread if you aren’t supposed to eat any wheat ingredients on the Wheat Belly Diet? It’s doable, and here is an example of how it works.
- 1/4 cup Chickpea Flour (plus 2 tablespoons!)
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed, ground
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- Liquid Stevia, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven and prepare a loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a food processor until combined.
- Add in wet ingredients (except eggs), pulsing until just combined.
- Use an electric mixer with a large bowl to beat the egg whites into soft peaks.
- Pour eggs into flour mix, intermittently pulsing until evenly mixed.
- Add mixture to loaf pan, baking 40 minutes or until fork tines come out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Then remove from pan and let cool.
Dr Oz: Wheat Belly Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 2 teaspoons melted Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 8 ounces Chocolate, unsweetened
- 4 ounces low fat Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Preferred Chopped nuts
- Preferred artificial sweetener
Ingredients – Topping
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Peanuts, chopped
- Coat an 8” x 8” brownie pan with Coconut Oil.
- Melt chocolate for up to two minutes, in 30-second increments, until melted. Stir occasionally.
- Separately, combine ingredients in a bowl and microwave for approximately one minute, until soft. Stir until well mixed.
- Thoroughly combine peanut butter mix with chocolate.
- Spread fudge in pan and let cool.
- Once set, top the recipe with a layer of peanut butter and garnish with chopped peanuts.