Dr Oz: Healthy Home Remedies Under $5
Dr. Oz has gone over the best home remedies for different health problems from a sore throat to back pain and he also covered the best home remedies under $5 to keep you looking young. Now, Dr. Oz wanted to make sure everyone was healthy, looking beautiful and had a healthy meal in their stomach as well. Did I mention the recipe below only costs $5 to make?
Dr Oz: Veggie Pasta Pie Recipe
The Culinary Institute of America is the center of food in the United States. It is where many chefs are educated and trained in the culinary field. Jennifer Stack, a Culinary Institute Chef and author of the book The Diabetes-Friendly Kitchen, had one great meal you can make for under $5.
Dr Oz Veggie Pasta Pie Ingredients:
- 3 ounces whole wheat pasta, like macaroni
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots, finely grated
- 6 large eggs
- 3 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper
Dr Oz Veggie Pasta Pie Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 and cook the pasta according the package directions. Set aside to cool after it is done cooking.
- In a bowl combine 2 eggs, 1/3 of the grated carrots and 1/3 of the cooked pasta. Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet and add the egg mixture from step two. Cook over medium low heat until the eggs are set but not dry.
- Carefully remove this noodle “pancake” from the skillet and place it onto a greased cookie sheet and keep warm. Repeat this process two more times until you have a total of three noodle layers.
- Add 1 tsp of canola oil to the skillet and sauté 1 garlic clove until soft. Add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the tomatoes are almost dry. Set aside and repeat the process with an additional teaspoon of oil, the remaining clove of garlic and the rest of the spinach.
- Place the first noodle pancake, browned side down, into a greased pie pan. Top with the cooked spinach and add 1 ounce of the shredded cheese. Add a second noodle pancake and top with the tomatoes and 1 ounce shredded cheese. Top with the final noodle pancake, browned side up, and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and serve sliced, hot or cold.
At around 360 calories for every three slice serving and a cost of about $4.90 for the entire meal, the veggie pasta pizza is a must make dinner recipe.
Dr Oz: Wii Bowling Competition With Dr. Oz
Who would have thought Dr. Oz is such a competitive guy? When one of his fans issued a health challenge, Dr. Oz set up a Nintendo Wii bowling game on the stage and let the viewer throw the first virtual ball. After picking up a pretty tough spare, you would think Dr. Oz was a little shaken but he came through with a strike.
Dr. Oz said he likes the Wii because it is a wonderful way for families to spend time together while getting a little exercise.