Dr Oz: Robbie Montgomery Sweetie Pie’s
Miss Robbie Montgomery and her family are the stars of Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s, featuring the St. Louis soul food restaurant on the Oprah Winfrey Network. They shared exotic foods and wild dance moves with Dr Oz, and they also shared their fried okra recipe and macaroni and cheese with you. Try them out.
Dr Oz: Oxtail + Neckbone
Robbie is known for her colorful expressions, but the restaurant is also known for its recipes, which you can make thanks to their appearance on Dr Oz. I’m not sure what the point of this segment is (other than to promote Oprah’s network), since nothing at Sweetie Pie’s could be considered healthy in any way.
The family forced Dr Oz to try oxtails and neck bones before sharing some of the recipes you might actually want to eat. Miss Robbie is also apparently starring in an exercise music video, which she claimed was a surprise. This also does not make sense, because Robbie was in the slickly produced video, singing and dancing.
The Sweetie Pie’s gang also attempted to teach Dr Oz some basic dance moves, and that went about as well as it ever does, especially when they attempted to show him a Pimp Walk. Check out Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s, Saturday nights on OWN.
Dr Oz: Sweetie Pie’s Fried Okra Recipe Ingredients
- 10 pods Okra, sliced to 1/4”
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- Ranch Dressing
- 1 beaten Egg
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Base Seasoning
Base Seasoning Ingredients
- 1 cup Salt
- 1/3 cup granulated Garlic
- 1/4 cup Black Pepper
- 1/5 cup Paprika
Dr Oz: Sweetie Pie’s Fried Okra Recipe Directions
- Soak okra in egg for five or 10 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal with base seasoning in a small bowl.
- Heat oil on medium high in a large skillet.
- Dredge okra to coat evenly in cornmeal.
- Place okra in hot oil and stir constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium as okra browns.
- Cook until golden.
- Let drain on paper towels before serving with Ranch on the side.
Dr Oz: Sweetie Pie’s Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 lb shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 lb cubed Velveeta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 4 tbsp Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1/3 lb shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/3 lb shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
Dr Oz: Sweetie Pie’s Mac & Cheese Recipe Directions
- Boil six cups of water and season with salt.
- Add macaroni and cook to al dente.
- Drain noodles and cool in a strainer under cold water.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Prepare a three-quart casserole dish with butter.
- Combine eggs with sour cream and evaporated milk in a bowl.
- Place macaroni in the casserole dish.
- Stir in the egg mixture and combine well.
- Add in butter, white pepper, margarine, sharp cheddar, Colby Jack, and Velveeta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine well and add whole milk.
- Pack mixture down in the dish and top with mild cheddar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until light brown. Cheese should be melted.