Dr Oz: 24 Hour Stress Reducing Plan
Dr. Oz had the best way for you to lower anxiety and get rid of stress in 24 hours. He and his guests went over the best morning breathing exercise, he gave out his stress relieving nightcap recipe and outlined the reasons you need to take a break from social media.
Dr Oz: Balance Blood Sugar With Protein, Fiber and Healthy Fat
Blood sugar spikes are the number one thing you want to avoid if you are stressed because it could lead to you mentally crashing during a hectic day. Dietitian Mitzi Dulan said the best way to avoid the spike in your glucose level is by eating the right foods, a combination of protein, fiber and healthy fat, to balance glucose levels.
Dr Oz: Stress-Free Glucose-Balancing Breakfast Recipe
Dr. Oz had the perfect glucose-balancing breakfast, along with more recipes for the rest of the day. Get all the recipes below.
Dr Oz Glucose-Balancing Breakfast Ingredients:
- ¾ cup raw oatmeal
- ½ cup hemp milk
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Dr Oz Glucose-Balancing Breakfast Directions:
- Combine oatmeal and hemp milk and cook in the microwave for about 1 minute and 45 seconds.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and cinnamon and serve hot.
Dr Oz: Sweet Potato Veggie Burger Recipe
Dr Oz Sweet Potato Veggie Burger Ingredients:
- 1 can cannellini white beans (15 ounces), drained
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup Panko crumbs
- 1/8 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon tahini
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3-4 whole wheat buns
- Black pepper, to taste
Dr Oz Sweet Potato Veggie Burger Directions:
- Bake the sweet potato, then peel and place in a large bowl.
- Add the beans to the sweet potato, then mash together.
- Add the flour, tahini, Greek yogurt, honey and lemon pepper seasoning. The mixture should be soft and moist and easy to form into patties. Add more bread crumbs and flour as needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Make equal-sized patties from the mixture and coat generously in breadcrumbs. Put them into the skillet and cook until browned on both sides.
- Serve the patties on whole wheat buns with two slices of avocado per burger.
Dr Oz: Mediterranean Wild Salmon Recipe
Dr Oz Mediterranean Wild Salmon Ingredients:
- 1 5-6 oz wild salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon pesto
Dr Oz Mediterranean Wild Salmon Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub pesto on the salmon. After covered with pesto, place salmon on baking sheet and top with tomatoes, cheese and olives. Bake for about 20 minutes.
Dr Oz: Carrot Quinoa Salad Recipe
Dr Oz Carrot Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup red, white, or black quinoa
- 2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- 4 baby carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Dr Oz Carrot Quinoa Salad Directions:
- While bringing the water to a boil, rinse the quinoa.
- Add the quinoa to the boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the cooked quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the quinoa, carrots, cilantro, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss to combine and serve over baby spinach.