Dr Oz: Super Immunity Diet Recipes
Dr. Oz talked with Dr. Joel Fuhrman about his Super Immunity Diet and the four food rules everyone needs to follow to lose weight, strengthen their immune system and get back their energy.
Dr Oz: Super Seed Oatmeal Recipe
Dr. Joel Fuhrman, author of Super Immunity, said you should start to feel better immediately after starting the Super Immunity Diet, but he also said it is going to take a few months for your immune system to get to it’s optimum level. Dr. Fuhrman said the first important step in the diet is eating a hot breakfast every morning. He said incorporating whole grains, like oats or steel cut oats, with give you the energy you need throughout the day.
Dr Oz Super Seed Oatmeal Ingredients:
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick or instant)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or mixed berries, thawed
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla soy, hemp or almond milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dr Oz Super Seed Oatmeal Directions:
- Cook the oats according to the package directions but use milk instead of water.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients together and add to the cooked oatmeal. Serve hot.
Dr Oz: Caesar’s Secret Salad Recipe
Dr. Fuhrman said it is important to include a big salad in your lunch every day when following his Super Immunity Diet. According to him, “the more you eat green, the more you get lean.”
Dr Oz Caesar’s Secret Salad Ingredients:
- 12 ounces romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 cup unsweetened soy, hemp or almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Dr Oz Caesar’s Secret Salad Directions:
- Combine the almonds and 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast together in a blender and blend to form a Parmesan cheese type topping and sprinkle this over the lettuce.
- For the dressing, roast the garlic in the oven by heating the oven to 350 degrees and putting the cloves in the oven with the skin still on. After 15 minutes the garlic should be mushy and ready to be be combined with all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. After the ingredients are mixed, drizzle over the salad.
Dr Oz: Goji Chili Stew Recipe
One woman shared her experience with Dr. Fuhrman’s Super Immunity Diet. She told Dr. Oz how the diet helped her stop having migraines and she lost 40 pounds in about five months.
Dr. Furhman told the woman, and the rest of the audience, when making dinner on the Super Immunity Diet, it is best to stick with stews.
Dr Oz Goji Chili Stew Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked red beans or 1 (15-oz) can low-sodium red beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans or 1 (15-oz) can low-sodium pinto beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans or 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained
- 3 cups plum tomatoes, diced, or 1 (28-oz) can low-sodium plum tomatoes
- 1 pound frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 10 ounces frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 4 ounces chopped mild green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons cumin
Dr Oz Goji Chili Stew Directions:
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the beans in a large pot and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the beans and continue to cook until heated through. Serve hot.