Dr Oz: Healthy Recipes for Kids
Earlier, Doctor Oz talked about Families Getting Healthy Together, and that means making sure that everyone is following the same rules about healthy eating. Weight Watchers leader Liz Josefsberg was on hand with her own children to make a healthy stromboli recipe.
They said you can customize this recipe to your family’s specific tastes. Choose a meat that everyone likes, and that way you can all enjoy it together. No complaining!
This recipe has about eight grams of fat and 305 calories per serving. Liz’s kids said they loved it. They were the ones who made it, proving that this is an easy recipe anyone can try at home.
Dr Oz: Weight Watchers Stromboli Recipe
- 1 lb. Frozen Whole Wheat Pizza Dough, thawed
- ¼ lb. Baked Virginia Ham, sliced thin
- ¼ lb. Honey Baked Turkey Breast, sliced thin
- ¼ lb. Reduced Fat Jarlsberg Cheese, sliced thin
- ½ cup Roasted Red Peppers (from bottle, drained, rinsed and chopped)
- 12 Arugula Leaves
- 2 tbsp. Honey Mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400. Spray a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle flour on a counter or flat surface.
- Separate dough into six even portions.
- Form one portion of dough into a circle, about 6” in diameter.
- Spread 1 tsp. of the Honey Mustard on the dough.
- Top with ⅙ of your ingredients: meats, peppers, and arugula.
- Roll dough into a thin cylinder, keeping the filling inside.
- Tuck the ends underneath. Pinch the edges with your fingers.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the rolls on your baking sheet and spray the tops with nonstick spray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden.
- Let cool for up to five minutes before slicing with a sharp knife. Serve.
Dr Oz Transformation Nation: Final Weigh In
As Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation comes to a close, it’s time for the final Weigh In. Do your final Weigh In before April 9 2012. Log on to doctoroz.com and submit your numbers for a chance to win the $1 million prize. It has to be better odds than the Mega Millions jackpot. Plus, you can join Weight Watchers for free as a thank you gift.