Dr Oz: Microwave Breakfast Meals
Want to supercharge your family’s mealtime? Cooking Mom author Amy Hanten shared her picks for breakfast meals that will get your day started off on an energetic and healthy note. The best part is they all take just five minutes to prepare in the microwave.
You can find more recipes in Amy Hanten’s book, Cooking Mom.
Dr Oz: Mediterranean Breakfast Pizza Recipe
This fun and easy breakfast recipe is an immunity booster, and who doesn’t love pizza? Kids especially will enjoy the novelty of pizza for breakfast.
- 1 Pita
- 3-4 thin slices Tomato
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ cup baby spinach
- Spread the Cream Cheese on your pita.
- Top Cream Cheese with Spinach, Tomato, and Garlic.
- Crack the Egg in the center of the pita.
- Microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, until egg is cooked as desired.
- If you like, fold the pita over into a sandwich before eating.
Though this is a breakfast suggestion, it seems like a great anytime food that’s foolproof and easy to make.
Dr Oz: Apple Pie Breakfast Bulgur Recipe
This quick breakfast fix is also a mood elevator, perfect for those mornings when you’ve woken up on the wrong side of the bed.
- ¾ cup Apple
- ½ cup Bulgur
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Walnuts
- Soak Bulgur.
- Mix Apple, Bulgur, Water, Cinnamon & Vanilla in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Top with Yogurt and Walnuts.
Dr Oz: Slimming Southwest Omelet Recipe
The last breakfast solution for today is also a great Fat Burner.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Black Beans
- 2 Tbsp Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbsp low-fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp Salsa
- ⅓ sliced Avocado
- Beat Eggs, then add water.
- Pour into a resealable, microwave-safe sandwich bag.
- Throw in the Beans, Peppers, and Cheese.
- If you like, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Seal the bag and place in the microwave. Follow manufacturer directions for safe microwaving.
- Microwave for 1 minute, until Eggs are set.
- Watch for steam. Carefully open the bag and plate your omelet.
- Top with Salsa and Avocado for a delicious and healthy southwest breakfast.