Dr Oz: Strawberry Pina Colada
Dr Oz had celebrity chef Sandra Lee on his show to share her easy five-minute meals that are great for cocktail time. She actually created her own Cocktail Time drinks and had great appetizers that you could serve with them. She already shared her mango version of a great, easy cocktail, as well as her peach prosciutto wraps, but she had more recipes to make sure your next cocktail party is a hit!
Sandra explained that she has her own strawberry margarita flavored Cocktail Time drink mix in grocery stores that she uses to make a strawberry pina colada. All you need is the drink, strawberries, pineapple, and ice mixed together in a blender. It’s that simple! She paired the drink with her white bean polenta rounds, and you can find the delicious, cheap, and easy to make recipe below! Dr Oz was enjoying the drink with the polenta, even enjoying the drink right out of the pitcher!
You can make both of these great recipe for a little over $3 a serving! Will you be serving up a version of these great recipes?
Dr Oz: Sandra Lee White Bean Polenta Recipe Ingredients
- 3/4 C canned white beans
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp plus 2 tsp refrigerated pesto
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp bottled crushed garlic
- 24 oz polenta
- 3 tbsp diced pimentos
Sandra Lee: Dr Oz White Bean Polenta Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Use a food processor to combine beans, garlic, and Parmesan. Process into a paste
- Trim the ends of the polenta tube & discard trimmings
- Cut polenta into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Use a 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter & cut the polenta into 14 smaller rounds
- Place the rounds onto a baking sheet & bake for 10 minutes
- Top each round with 1/2 tsp each of white bean mixture & pesto
- Tip with diced pimento
- Return to oven & bake another 10 minutes