Dr Oz: Chef Jeffrey Saad
The final guest on today’s episode of Dr. Oz is probably familiar to viewers of Food Network, and its reality series The Next Great Food Network Star. Jeffrey Saad was a semifinalist on the show last year.
Now he has a new cookbook and he shared one of his recipes with the Doctor Oz audience. He said it’s easy to make and only takes 10 minutes to make a healthy sandwich using fresh ingredients.
Doctor Oz: Jeffrey Saad Global Kitchen Review
If you like this salmon sandwich, there’s plenty more where that came from. You can find a whole bunch of Jeffrey’s other recipes in his new book, Jeffrey Saad’s Global Kitchen: Recipes Without Borders.
Dr Oz: Jeffrey Saad 10 Minutes Rolled Salmon Sandwich Recipe
The whole meal has about 400 calories, making it a great healthy option. Don’t forget to multiply the ingredients if you’re making it for your whole family.
You can also substitute a Tortilla instead of flatbread. In that case, you also have the option of eating the sandwich like you would a taco.
- 1 Salmon Filet (3 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp. Dried Sumac
- ½ tsp. Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp. Sesame Seeds
- ¼ Cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Mint
- 1 tbsp. Yogurt
- 1 piece Flatbread or Naan
- Pinch Salt
Ingredients (Zucchini Side Dish)
- 1 Zucchini, cubed
- ½ tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Pine Nuts
- Pinch Salt
- Cut salmon at a 45-degree angle into slices ¼ inch thick.
- Lay slices toward center of bread. Add your pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle spices over the salmon, with Sesame Seeds last. (Save the mint for later.)
- Toast bread in a toaster oven or broiler for three minutes, or until fully cooked.
- While Salmon cooks, combine Cucumber with Yogurt.
- Remove bread from oven, placing it on a plate.
- Add yogurt and cucumber atop the salmon. Top with mint.
- Roll it up by folding the sides in toward the center.
- Press down over your filling and pinch. Tuck and roll the whole thing up.
- Cut in half, and add an optional mint garnish.
Directions (Zucchini Side)
- For a side dish of Zucchini, preheat your toaster oven or broiler.
- Mix fresh Zucchini with additional ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture into a pan, preferably lined with foil for easy cleanup.
- Place in broiler or toaster oven for about three minutes. Zucchini is ready when slightly golden.