Dr Oz: Passport To Beauty
Looking beautiful can be an ongoing process. But taking care of your skin and getting the look you want don’t have to mean spending hundreds of dollars for beauty treatments and salon or spa visits.
Shalini Wadhera is the author of Passport To Beauty, and she joined Dr Oz to share some natural beauty secrets from around the world. You can Read Passport To Beauty Online.
Dr Oz: Age Spot Remedy – Rice Water Face Wash Recipe
Age Spots can affect anyone, and they’re a common problem the world over. But in Korea, women have been using a Rice Water Face Wash to remove age spots. It’s worked for centuries, and now you can try it at home.
In the audience, Jennifer said she first noticed spots about eight months ago, and they’ve been increasing ever since. There is a simple way to try and get rid of them.
- 1 part Rice
- 2 parts Water
- Wash and strain the rice.
- In a circular pattern, gently wash your face using the strained Rice Water.
- Repeat weekly; spots begin to fade in about a month.
Dr Oz: Wrinkle Remedy – Okra Face Mask Recipe
Wrinkles are another worldwide beauty scourge. That’s why women from Zimbabwe use Okra to create a face mask. They also eat the vegetable as part of a diet to stay slender. Lisa said she’s been noticing wrinkles since she turned 40.
This Okra Mask uses Vitamins A and E to naturally plump the skin, avoiding wrinkles.
- 4 Fresh Okra
- Boil Okra, then mash it up.
- Apply to your face and leave on for about 20 minutes before rinsing.
Doctor Oz: Chickpea Flour Paste Facial Recipe
Are you dealing with clogged pores more often than you’d like? Women in India have found that a Chickpea Paste can tighten pores and exfoliate the skin; it’s typically used before a wedding ceremony.
Leslie Anne was the audience guinea pig for this treatment, because she wanted to know how to tighten up her pores. This remedy will also remove the fine peach fuzz from your face.
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- Almond Oil
- Combine ingredients into a paste.
- Apply it to your face and let it sit for about five minutes.
- Rub it off, but be sure not to wash it off.
Dr Oz Essential Oils
Finally, Dr Oz recommended some Essential Oils for balancing the body’s energy. Here are his three top picks.
- Sandalwood Oil Spray – It’s great for the mind, and you can mix it with water in a spray bottle to create a refreshing spritz.
- Lemongrass Oil – To reduce inflammation, try adding a couple drops of Lemongrass Oil to your tea or water. This will also improve your body’s urine flow.
- Bergamot Oil – This is heart healthy and soothing. It’s a great addition to your evening bathwater.