Dr Oz: Rachael Ray Healthy Potato Salad Recipe
What could be better than munching on some potato salad on a nice summer day while the grill is going with a few burgers? While it sounds like a great day, your body is probably just worried about all the unhealthy food it is going to be filled with. But you don’t have to scared of potato salad if you are on a diet. Rachael Ray said you simply replace the mayo with oil and vinegar and use low-fat Greek yogurt in the place of the mayonnaise.
Try some of her other ideas listed below to make the potato salad even more hearty than it was before:
- Add more vegetables for fiber.
- Try fruit juice or vinegar which adds flavor without adding fat.
- Grate in some fresh garlic.
- Add chopped herbs.
- Add feta cheese for a added tangy flavor.
Rachael Ray: Healthy Burger Substitutions
Everyone loves building the perfect burger with all the essentials, from mayo to tomatoes to lettuce to everything else you can stick on a burger, but that building process can make the calories add up pretty quickly.
Try some of Rachael Ray’s tips below to adding nutrition to your burger without sacrificing any flavor.
- Make mini burgers without the bun.
- Serve on lettuce, tomato or onions.
- try mustard vinaigrette instead of cheese.
Rachael Ray: Healthy Substitutes to Chips and Dip
One Dr. Oz fan said her weakness in the summer time is chips and dip. She said she is always filling up on chips whenever she is at a party. If you want to ditch the dip for something healthy, Rachael Ray suggested trying the following tricks.
- Eat corn salsa instead of dip.
- Serve with high-fiber chips or vegetables.
Rachael Ray Healthy BBQ Ribs Recipe
Rachael Ray said it is possible to eat healthy ribs when at BBQ. The key to making them healthier is par-boiling the meat before dressing or grilling the ribs. This helps remove all the extra fat none of us need.
Rachael Ray Healthy BBQ Ribs Ingredients:
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 onion
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 jalapeno chili
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Rachael Ray Healthy BBQ Ribs Directions:
- Add all the ingredients above as well as the ribs to a pot of simmering water. After a few minutes, toss the meat on the grill to get a nice char.
Rachael Ray Healthy BBQ Sauce Recipe
Rachael Ray Healthy BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons ground chipotle chili powder
- Coarse black pepper
Rachael Ray Healthy BBQ Sauce Directions:
- Brush the ribs with olive oil and grill for 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh lime juice and scallions after cooking.
Traditional BBQ Ribs: 718 calories
Rachael Ray’s BBQ Ribs: 363 calories
Rachael Ray Fresh Tomato Margarita Recipe
Rachael Ray Fresh Tomato Margarita Ingredients:
- 1 tomato
- Handful of cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces orange curacao
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Fresh basil to garnish
Rachael Ray Fresh Tomato Margarita Directions:
- Mash up the tomato in the bottom of a bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are combined.
Rachael Ray Kale Kocktail Recipe
Rachael Ray Kale Kocktail Ingredients:
- 2 ounces kale juice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce simple ginger syrup
Rachael Ray Kale Kocktail Directions:
- Add all ingredients to a shaker, shake and pour.
Strange Medical Terms
Have you ever heard of these strange medical terms?
- Wamble – A stomach rumble.
- Gynecomastia – Man boobs.
- Purlicue – The space between your thumb and forefinger.