Dr Oz: Quick Healthy Dinners
Dr Oz shared that making a fast, easy dinner that tastes good and is good for is not impossible. He welcomed Food Network chef Robert Irvine to share his quick dinners for those who want to eat well but lack time.
Robert said the trick to making dinner quick is to be prepared. He said on Sunday, you can try to plan out a menu for the week, and then shop and prep for it, so that each night you can get a dinner for four on the table within 4-8 minutes on the weeknights. That sounds way too good to be true!
Dr Oz: Zucchini Pizza Bites
Robert took on Dr Oz’s viewer’s missions to make the quickest dinners possible. The first was from Michelle, who asked Robert to make a quick healthy dinner that her picky kid would eat, saying she only eats pizza. Michelle said if she tries to give her daughter something else, she’ll spit it out, push it away, and sometimes even run away and hide.
Robert suggested taking some of the ingredients from a pizza and adding them to something healthy, sharing his recipe for zucchini and turkey sausage bites. For another meal idea, look at Artichoke & Spinach Shrimp Pasta.
Dr Oz: Robert Irvine Zucchini & Turkey Sausage Pizza Bites Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 3/4 C shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 1/2 C marinara tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 C turkey sausage, cooked and chopped fine
Robert Irvine: Dr Oz Zucchini & Turkey Sausage Pizza Bites Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to broil & then heat oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add enough zucchini to make one layer in the pan and cook, flipping halfway through, until golden.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Then place the zucchini slices on a sheet pan, top with sauce, cheese, sausage, and a little Italian seasoning.
- Place in oven for 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.