Dr Oz: Sweet And Salty Snack Swap
We all have our favorite snacks and guilty pleasures. But how do we cut out the bad stuff without sacrificing the flavor, texture, and satisfaction we get from our favorite menu items? We can swap sweet and salty snacks for healthy ones like Popped Chickpeas, Carob Chips and Portobello Pizza Pies.
Dr Oz shared some great recipe swaps to help you replace your favorite junk foods and snacks with healthier options that give your tastebuds the same zing. He also talked about What Attracts Mosquitoes and Working Out On An Empty Stomach. Later, he mentioned Foot Calluses and Foot Odor Solutions.
Dr Oz: Portobello Pizza Pie Recipe
This recipe for a Portobello Pizza Pie is a good pizza alternative. It is cheesy and crispy, with 175 fewer calories than delivery or frozen pizza. Plus, you can customize it with any of your favorite veggies, such as tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, or more mushrooms.
- 1 Portobello Mushroom, large
- 1 tablespoon Pasta Sauce (low sugar)
- ½ cup shredded Cheese (low fat)
- Vegetable toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Clean the mushroom and remove the stem.
- Bake mushroom for five minutes or until dry.
- Remove and top with pasta sauce, cheese, and veggies.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Dr Oz: Popped Chickpeas Recipe
Do you love salty snacks? If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to all that grease and sodium, you can try this recipe for Popped Chickpeas instead.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained
- Favorite spices
- Saute Chickpeas in oil, until they pop.
- Top with favorite spices and serve.
Doctor Oz: Carob Chip Recipe
Do you love the taste of chocolate chips? Try this healthier alternative, which Dr Oz believes might be one of the show’s best recipes of all time. Carob has the flavor of chocolate without the high fat, calories or caffeine.
- ½ cup Carob Powder
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 ¼ tablespoons Sugar Substitute
- 1 teaspoon Imitation Vanilla Extract
- Melt oil over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add Carob Powder.
- Add Sugar Substitute and Vanilla.
- Drop dough on a prepared baking sheet in quarter size portions.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Dr Oz: Good Bean & Somersaults Snacks Reviews
If you’re looking for more great snacks without all the work in the kitchen, there are some manufactured snacks that are healthier than your average potato chips. Try The Good Bean or Somersaults snack foods to satiate your salty snack cravings with protein and fiber instead of fat and empty calories.