Dr Oz: Nut Butter Recipes
Nut Butters have always been extremely popular, but we’re not just talking about peanut butter anymore. From almond butter to cashew butter and everything in between, check out some of Dr. Oz’s favorites. But first, here’s what to know about eating nut butter:
- Eat no more than 2 tablespoons per day
- Choose nut butter with no added salt or sugar
- Don’t choose a nut butter with reduced fat
Dr Oz: Allison Fishman Task ‘Lighten Up, America!’
Lighten Up, America! author and Cooking Light contributor Allison Fishman Task offered some of her favorite nut butter recipes. Peanut butter is the best butter for boosting energy; almond butter is best for weight loss; walnut butter is best for heart health; and cashew butter is best for your bones. You can eat these butters however you choose, either as spreads, dips, or as additions to your favorite recipes.
Best of all, as these different types of nut butter are becoming more popular, they’re also becoming less expensive. Try the two following recipes, both made with nut butters. Both are easy to prepare as well as delicious; have one for breakfast in the morning and one for dinner at night!
Dr Oz: Almond Butter Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 1/4 cup 1% Milk
- 1/2 ripe Banana
- 1 tablespoon creamy Almond Butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 cup crushed Ice
- Blend ingredients together and enjoy!
Dr Oz: Walnut Butter Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups Fresh Basil
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Walnut Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Blend ingredients and serve mixture over pasta, meat, fish or veggies.