Dr Oz: Best Nut Butters
Nut Butters are a great natural food that can curb your hunger. Try Dr Oz’s suggestions for Grilled Nut Butter & Apple Sandwiches, a Peanut Butter Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich, Hazelnut Cinnamon & Honey Roll Ups, and Macadamia Nut Chocolate Truffles.
Dr Oz met a woman who loves nut butters so much that she made a rap about them. She also shares her recipes online, and she brought them to Dr Oz’s show. Megan explained that Nut Butters were an affordable way for her to eat healthy in college.
“All of my recipes have two tablespoons of nut butter, max,” she said, pointing out that a little bit can go a long way.
Dr Oz: Grilled Nut Butter & Apple Sandwich Recipe
Walnut Butter lowers Cholesterol, which is good for your heart. Try it in Grilled Walnut Butter & Apple Sandwiches.
- 2 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Apple
- 2 tbsp Walnut Butter
- Spread coconut oil on the outside of both bread slices.
- Spread walnut butter on the inside with apples.
- Cook in a skillet to brown it (as you would with grilled cheese).
Dr Oz: Peanut Butter Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Peanut Butter is a surprisingly good source of energy, thanks to the protein and fat content. Megan likes it in Peanut Butter Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 sheets Graham Crackers
- 1/4 cup Coconut Ice Cream
- Spread peanut butter on graham crackers.
- Add coconut ice cream on top of one graham cracker sheet.
- Place the other cracker sheet on top.
- Freeze 20-30 minutes and enjoy.
Dr Oz: Hazelnut Cinnamon & Honey Roll-Ups Recipe
Hazelnuts are an awesome choice for digestion, because they contain Magnesium to relax your muscles and keep you regular. Megan recommended these Hazelnut Cinnamon & Honey Roll-Ups for picky eaters.
- 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 2 tbsp Hazelnut Butter
- dash of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Honey
- Spread hazelnut butter in the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.
- Roll the tortilla and cut into 1” slices for a perfect lunch side or afternoon snack.
Dr Oz: Macadamia Nut Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Macadamia Nut Butter is a great way to pick up your mood, thanks to Vitamin B1, which supports nervous system function. Try these Macadamia Nut Chocolate Truffles!
- 1/4 cup Dates
- 2 tbsp Macadamia Nut Butter
- 12 cup Whole Macadamia Nuts
- Sea Salt
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor and pulse them to an even consistency.
- Roll them into small balls and let them chill or freeze for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Dr Oz: Deserted Island Supplies
What two items could you not live without? Dr Oz asked Facebook fans what they would bring to a deserted island. Sarah wanted a chicken and rooster so she could have eggs. Joy asked for wine and music. Lisa wanted good shoes and peanut butter. Audience member Kristin wanted tampons and lip gloss. Dr Oz said he would bring a fishing pole and his producers, to make a reality show.