Dr Oz: Super Immunity Diet Cheat Food Recipe
Dr. Oz and Dr. Joel Fuhrman shared Dr. Furhman’s four food rules for his Super Immunity Diet, which will help you strengthen your immune system so you never get sick again. After outlining the food rules, Dr. Fuhrman went over three recipes that work great with his Super Immunity Diet. Keep reading to find out what special “cheat” food you can eat more than once a week and never feel guilty about.
Dr Oz: Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake Recipe
After getting Dr. Fuhrman’s three recipes for meals throughout the day, you are probably wondering where the dessert recipe is at. Dr. Fuhrman has a never-get-sick chocolate cake recipe that will boost your immunity and satisfy your sweet tooth. Check out the recipe below.
Dr Oz Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 1 2/3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 1/2 cups pitted dates, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw beets, shredded
- 3/4 cup raw carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup raw zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in own juice, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Chocolate Nut Icing:
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts or raw cashews
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup brazil nuts or hazelnuts
- 1 cup vanilla soy, hemp or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dr Oz Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a blender combine 3 cups of dates, pineapple, banana and the applesauce and puree. Chop the rest of the dates into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped dates, beets, zucchini, carrots, cocoa powder, currants, walnuts, water, vanilla, the flour mixture from above and the blended date mixture and stir until everything is combined completely.
- Spread in a 9 x 13-inch nonstick baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- For the icing, combine all icing ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Spread on cooled cake.