Dr Oz: Iron Chef Mark Forgione
After chatting about Health Struggles and Strategies with Rosie O’Donnell, Doctor Oz turned to Superfoods and issued a challenge to Iron Chef Mark Forgione. The goal was to make a tasty, mood boosting meal using three Superfoods.
The Superfood ingredients were Oranges, Asparagus, and Kefir Milk. This type of challenge is perfect for an Iron Chef, and here is what Chef Mark Forgione came up with.
Dr Oz: Kefir Milk Mashed Potato Recipe
Chef Mark Forgione cheated a little by adding some low fat milk to his Kefir Milk. He also added butter; despite the chef’s hope that he could trick Dr. Oz into thinking it was margarine, Doctor Oz could taste the difference, and anyway he prefers real butter for health reasons.
All you have to do is whisk these ingredients together and give it an airy texture. Dr Oz seemed to approve of the finished product.
- 5 Baking potatoes, cubed & peeled
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Kefir Milk
- ¼ cup Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Cover potatoes with water, in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain pan. Then add remaining ingredients and mash until they reach your desired consistency.
Dr Oz: Asparagus Salad Recipe
Did you know you can adapt Asparagus, and that it curls like ribbon? That’s what I learned from this recipe; I’ve only ever had full stalks of Asparagus. To get them to curl like they did on Dr Oz, you have to put the peeled Asparagus slices in a bowl of ice water.
- Fresh Asparagus, peeled & sliced
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Pull apart the slices of your orange.
- Combine ingredients to make a fresh, healthy salad.
Dr Oz: Orange Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Whisk these ingredients together and combine them with asparagus mixture.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and chicken breast for a healthy meal of Superfoods.
I wonder if Rosie O’Donnell will try this recipe on her new diet pan. Read about Rosie’s Weight Loss Goals.