Dr Oz: Ayurvedic Diet
Diets aren’t for everyone, and your results on any program will vary, no matter how popular it is. Dr Oz likes to share different perspectives on occasion, and that’s why he invited Sunita Mohan, a holistic nutritionist, to share her secrets, which are based on ancient Ayurvedic principles. She shared recipes for Green Mung Bean Soup, Hot Lemonade & a Breakfast Sundae.
One of the keys to this nutrition program is Banyan Botanical Kitchari Spice Mix, which is great for cooking your favorite dishes. This time-tested diet also relies on the benefits of Papaya and uses Sesame Oil as a mouth rinse.
Doctor Oz: Ayurvedic Diet Results
Three women put this program to the test, and they revealed to Dr Oz that they lost a combined 56 pounds just by trying these tips, without having to diet or work out.
Sunita Mohan said to think of the Ayurvedic program as a way of life, instead of a fad diet. The reason it works for people, even when other plans don’t seem to stick, is that its goal is to improve the body’s digestive processes. It doesn’t require you to count calories or carbs; it simply aims to make your body work better for you.
Dr Oz: Green Mung Bean Soup Recipe
Sunita Mohan shared a soup recipe that can help you instantly shed five extra pounds. It relies on easily digestible Mung Beans, and Dr Oz said you can jump start your weight loss by eating this for three days in a row. He suggested pairing it with a multivitamin.
- 1 cup Green Mung Beans
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cumin & Coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons Ginger, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 1 ½ teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon raw Cane Sugar
- Soak beans overnight.
- Prepare Garlic & Ginger. Drain and wash beans.
- Cook beans with a little salt, using a pressure cooker, until soft and broken. Follow pressure cooker instructions. (Or cook beans in a pot for about 45 minutes.)
- Heat Oil and Mustard Seeds in a pan. Once they pop, add remaining spices, stirring well.
- Add Beans, Water, and remaining ingredients.
- Let boil, then simmer for a few minutes and serve.
Dr Oz: Hot Lemonade Recipe
Sunita Mohan said it’s imperative to drink this Hot Lemonade and eat Papaya for at least six months as you change your lifestyle for this program. These help digestion, and she claims she still does them every day.
- Boil a cup of hot water.
- Add ginger, lemon, and honey.
- Serve hot.
Dr Oz: 6 Flavor Slimming Breakfast Sundae Recipe
There are six flavors that could be helping you slim down, and it’s everyone’s dream to shed pounds by eating. The flavors mentioned on Dr Oz were: astringent, bitter, pungent, salty, sour and sweet.
An example of Pungent and Astringent flavors would be some of your favorite spices and herbs.
- ⅓ cup Oats
- ⅓ cup Flax Seeds, ground
- ⅓ cup Sesame Seeds
- 25 Almonds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Raisins, chopped
- 1 ¾ cups Yogurt
- 1 cup seasonal Berries
- Combine dry ingredients
- In two serving glasses, alternate layers of yogurt, dry mix, and fruit.
- Repeat until cup is full.
- Use optional Mint, Salt, and Ginger as garnishes, to taste.
Dr Oz: Kitchari Spice Mix Review
If you’re looking for a premixed spice you can add to your diet or meal plan to get the six flavor benefits mentioned on the show, there is a convenient solution. You can try Banyan Botanical Kitchari Spice Mix, which combines these flavors together.
Dr Oz: Sesame Oil Mouthwash Remedy
Sunita also recommended using Sesame Oil as a mouthwash, to aid digestion. Just swish for a few minutes starting out, building up and rinsing for more time as you get used to it. The oil will bind to your saliva and help extract toxins from the body. Just be sure, like with mouthwash, that you spit when you’re done; don’t swallow.