Dr Oz: Cheats That Cut Cravings
Losing weight and eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to give up on your favorite foods. Dr Mike Dow is a psychotherapist, and he joined Dr Oz to explain how you can cheat your brain by making healthier substitutions for your favorite foods.
Check out Healthy Pizza & Burger Recipes.
Dr Dow said that our brains are partly responsible for the cravings we can’t seem to beat. The mind is very powerful, and cravings can lead to emotional eating, and eventually weight gain. There are ways around this, however.
Dr Oz: 3 Ts To Cheat Cravings
There are three Ts behind our favorite food cravings, according to Dr Dow. They are:
An example of this is Nachos, which are salty, hot, and crunchy. But they are also loaded with calories. Instead, try low fat, low sodium popcorn to get the same taste, temperature, and texture without the bad stuff.
Dr Oz: Creamy Zucchini Fries Recipe – Cheese Fries Cheat
Your favorite cheese fries at a fast food joint are about 740 calories. This healthier option gives you 103 calories, which means you’re getting the experience without the consequences.
- 1 lb Zucchini
- ⅔ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425. Prepare a baking sheet with foil and cooking spray.
- Cut Zucchini into thick steak fries and dry slices with paper towel.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bread the Zucchini, first dipping in egg wash, then in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place breaded slices on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Flip fries and bake at least another 10 minutes, until slices are no longer soggy.
Dr Oz: Frozen Banana Nut Bar Recipe – Ice Cream Cheat
Marissa in the audience told the doctors that she loves her ice cream snacks, because of the hard shell, nut topping, and of course ice cream. Even Dr Oz admitted he loves Pistachio Ice Cream.
This substitute snack has 194 calories, compared to 310 calories in a regular ice cream bar.
- 1 ripe Banana
- ⅓ cup Nuts, crushed
- ⅓ cup Dark Chocolate Chips, crushed
- Popsicle Stick
- Insert Popsicle Stick into Banana.
- Roll Banana in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Cover with Plastic Wrap and freeze for up to 12 hours, until frozen through.
Dr Oz: Blueberry Pancakes In A Bowl Recipe
Rebecca said she can’t get enough pancakes, and she enjoys the aromas and flavors in the morning, as well as the fluffy texture. Dr Dow’s substitute recipe has 163 calories, compared to the 617 calories in traditional pancakes.
- 4 ounces Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Puffed Wheat Cereal
- 1 tablespoon Organic Maple Syrup
- Mix Yogurt, Cereal, Cinnamon, and Berries in a bowl.
- Heat Syrup in the microwave and pour it on your mixture.