Dr Oz: Eva Longoria Favorite Mexican Recipes
Dr. Oz listened to Eva Longoria as she opened up about her special needs sister, what she taught her and how she inspired her to be an advocate for Hispanic children with health problems. She also opened up about her depression after her divorce and how she was able to break out of the sadness.
Dr Oz Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak Tacos Recipes
Eva Longoria said it is myth that Mexican food is unhealthy. She said there are a lot of ways to prepare Mexican food that is healthy for you and your family.
Dr Oz Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak Tacos Ingredients:
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup chunky guacamole with Serrano peppers (recipe below)
- 12 wooden toothpicks
Dr Oz Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak Tacos Directions:
- Lightly grease the grill grate with oil and heat the grill to medium-high.
- Rub both sides of the steak with the chili powder and sprinkle with plenty of salt. Grill the steak, flipping once, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Move to a cutting board when cooked.
- Pile the tortillas on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut them into 4-inch squares. Warm a flat cast-iron griddle over medium heat. Place one to two tortilla squares on the griddle and warm until heated through and soft. Put the tortillas on a plate and wrap in a clean towel to keep warm while you heat the rest of them.
- Take a warm tortilla and put it on a flat surface with its points going up and down. With a sharp knife, cut the steak diagonally and across the grain into strips. Place two to three strips across the middle of the tortilla and top with a heaping spoonful of guacamole. Pull the tortilla together corner to corner and secure it with a toothpick. Serve.
Dr Oz Chunky Guacamole With Serrano Peppers Recipe
Dr Oz Chunky Guacamole With Serrano Peppers Ingredients:
- 6 ripe avocados, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste
- Juice from 4 small lemons (about 8 tablespoons)
Dr Oz Chunky Guacamole With Serrano Peppers Directions:
- Combine the avocados, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, Serrano pepper, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl and toss until everything is mixed together.
Dr Oz: Is Coffee a Good Aphrodisiac?
Dr. Oz and Eva Longoria brought two eligible bachelors on the show to take a quiz to see how much they really know about women.
Which food is the best aphrodisiac for women? Is is soybeans, coffee or garlic? – Garlic is the correct answer because it causes the blood vessels to relax meaning you get maximum blood flow to the places that matter most in men and women.
When is the best time of the day for a woman to experience pleasure? Morning, noon or night? – The correct answer is the morning because that is when testosterone levels are highest for both people involved.
What is the most erogenous area of a woman’s body? – The lips.