Dr Oz Anti-Cancer Meal: Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
Dr Oz’s holistic guru, Dr Andrew Weil, shared some All Natural Remedies on the show. He also brought his Anti-Cancer Super Meal to prepare for the audience, and with the recipe you can try it out for yourself. Dr Oz found it to be healthy as well as delicious, and he gave it his full support. Will you try Dr Andrew Weil’s Pasta Puttanesca Recipe with Tuna?
Dr Oz even compared it to a “Mediterranean diet in a bowl.” Dr Weil said he eats this as a meal once per week, and added that he finds the process of cooking very relaxing.
Dr Oz: Sprouts
This segment also featured the health benefits of Sprouts. Did you know that cooked Sprouts are loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants? They’re a great fresh side dish with any meal.
Dr Andrew Weil: Pasta Puttanesca with Tuna Recipe
- 2 cans Italian Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 1/2 cup Black Olives
- 3 Garlic Cloves, mashed
- 2 tablespoons Basil Leaves, minced
- 1 pound Pasta (choose your favorite whole wheat variety)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 can Tuna (look for low mercury)
- Drain and crush your tomatoes.
- Pit your olives; then chop them.
- Mix Red Pepper, Capers, Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Basil and Garlic in a bowl. Reserve for one hour.
- After the mixture has set, add Tuna.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Drain pasta. While hot, toss it in tomato sauce.
- Finish with Parmesan Cheese and serve.
This sounds really easy to make, and it’s full of healthy natural ingredients. If you whip it up at home, leave a comment and let us know how it turned out.
For more of Dr Andrew Weil’s holistic advice, check out what he had to say about ways to boost your memory and improve Cholesterol.