Dr Oz: Mike Dow Diet Pizza
Dr Oz featured ways to look beautiful and be happy throughout your life on his show. He shared the Goldie Hawn Depression Cure and Goldie’s Golden Rules from her book, 10 Mindful Minutes. He also explored the new Y Lift Facelift that doesn’t require cutting. Eating healthy foods doesn’t have to be a chore, and it doesn’t mean you can’t have your favorite indulgences. That’s according to Dr Mike Dow, who shared his Diet Rehab plan to Stop Food Cravings with Dr Oz. To prove this point, he even shared his Booster Pizza Recipe that is loaded with fresh and healthy ingredients you want to train your body to crave instead of junk and empty calories.
Dr Mike Dow: Booster Pizza Recipe
The idea behind Dr Dow’s plan is to help people overcome their perpetual cravings for foods that don’t fill them up or nourish their bodies. Did you ever notice how you’re hungry again an hour after eating junk food?
Fresh ideas for favorite foods such as pizza are a great way to make these ideas accessible. Who doesn’t love pizza, after all? This pizza’s fresh ingredients are better fuel for your body than frozen grocery pizzas or delivery. In addition to the health benefits, cooking at home saves you money.
- 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 1/2 can Diced Tomatoes (go spicy for more zest)
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Cheese Crumbles
- 2 Artichokes or seasonal vegetables, chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced and browned
- Equal parts:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut and prepare your vegetables so they will be ready to go on your pizza.
- Place the tortilla on a plate or flat surface.
- Layer your ingredients across the tortilla.
- Start with tomatoes (in place of sauce) and cheese.
- Then add Onion, Artichoke, and/or other healthy seasonal veggies.
- Finish with your blend of spices.
- Place the tortilla pizza on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until cheese melts and pizza is ready to eat.
- Caution: it may be hot, so let it stand for a couple minutes before digging in.