Dr Oz: Big Daddy & Heart Disease
Dr Oz spent his show talking about Heart Disease Risks, the CRP Test, 30 Second Home Test, and 28 Day Heart Disease Prevention Plan. Finally, he invited celebrity chef Aaron McCargo Jr, better known as the Food Network star Big Daddy, to share a Heart Disease prevention recipe. Check out his delicious dish, the Chicken Sriracha Stir Fry Recipe.
Big Daddy was given the challenge of using three key ingredients from Dr Oz’s 28 Day Plan to prevent Heart Disease: Sriracha sauce, Sweet Potatoes, and Kidney Beans. The dish he came up with is easy to make in about 15 minutes, and it has under 500 calories per serving.
For another great recipe, check Big Daddy’s Chicken & Dumplings with Falafel from another recent Dr Oz show.
How Did Big Daddy Get His Nickname?
But first, Big Daddy explained the origins of his nickname. In his early days as a reality TV chef, people started calling him Big Daddy because of his imposing size and big mouth. The nickname has stuck ever since, and hopefully you’ll be stuck on this recipe.
Dr Oz’s audience definitely went nuts for this tasty and tangy dish. Will you be adding it to your Pinterest board, or getting ready to make it tonight? Share your results in the comments section below.
Big Daddy’s Chicken Sriracha Stir Fry Recipe
Ingredients – Stir Fry
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, sliced
- 15 ounces Kidney Beans
- 2 cups Broccoli, blanched
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup Bell Pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
Ingredients – Sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Agave Honey
- 3 tablespoons each:
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Put a pan on high. Saute Chicken in oil for about five minutes, until golden brown. Remove and reserve.
- Saute veggies, beans, and Sweet Potatoes for a few minutes.
- Separately, combine ingredients for sauce.
- Add sauce to the pan. Return chicken to the pan as well.
- Toss ingredients until well coated.
- Plate on a bed of Brown Rice.