Dr Oz: Best Quinoa Recipes
Quinoa is a great grain that has everyone talking. Dr Oz got a team of experts together to come up with some delicious and nutritious ways to prepare this newly popular ingredient. Check out Dr Oz’s Quinoa Blueberry Pancakes Recipe, and if you like that idea, there are two more great Quinoa Recipes to try: Baked Turkey Quinoa Meatballs and Quinoa Miso Broccoli Salad.
Dr Oz: Quinoa Recipe for Skin
Dr Jeanine Downie was on Dr Oz to share the ways that Quinoa can benefit your skin. She said that it is rich in amino acids. There are 20 amino acids that we know of, and 10 occur naturally in the body. But that means food is our primary source for the other 10.
Eating Amino Acids strengthens collagen, which brings with it a whole bunch of beauty benefits: “strong nails, stronger hair, more elastic skin." Dr Downie loves blueberries, and her secret is swapping quinoa in for flour, making it a healthy swap.
Dr Oz: Quinoa Blueberry Pancakes Recipe Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups cooked Quinoa
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Dr Oz: Quinoa Blueberry Pancakes Recipe Directions
- Use your blender to mix together the milk, eggs, honey, quinoa, and oil.
- Once it is smooth, add in the salt and baking powder, blending a few seconds longer.
- Preheat your griddle or pan and spray it using your cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the blueberry quinoa batter onto the heated cooking surface.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the batter and cook for a few minutes.
- Once bubbles start to form around the edges, gently flip and cook on the other side.
- Pancakes are done when both sides are golden brown.