Dr Oz: 200 Calorie Superfoods
Counting calories and curbing cravings can be hard work. But Dr Oz shared some recipes that can satisfy the taste buds without expanding your waistline. These recipes have pizza and dessert covered, which means you can enjoy your favorites without the guilt.
If you want to skip the calories and carbs of traditional favorites like delivery pizza or banana splits, try these recipes instead. They sound yummy, and you won’t have to worry about the grease and preservatives that come with fast food or on the go grocery items.
Dr Oz: Mile High Pizza Pie Recipe
Kelly was in the audience today, and she complained about keeping calories under control. She gets obsessed with them. But the good news about this pizza recipe is that it’s only 199 calories per serving. This recipe makes two, so be sure to multiply it if you’re making this for your family dinner.
- Wheat Tortilla
- 2 Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Eggplant, halved
- ⅓ cup canned Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Spinach, steamed
- Preheat your oven to 375, and toast your tortilla.
- Prepare a baking sheet. Bake Mushrooms and Eggplant about 20 minutes, until soft.
- Combine Tomatoes and Garlic in a bowl.
- Top tortilla with one slice of Eggplant.
- Spread Tomato mix on top. Add cheese, spinach, and mushroom.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
Dr Oz: Strawberry Banana Parfait Recipe
For dessert, feel good about this parfait with just 190 calories per serving. This recipe makes enough for four desserts.
- 3 slices Angel Food Cake
- 16 ounces Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ Bananas
- ⅓ cup Orange Juice
- Mix Bananas and Orange Juice in a bowl.
- Cube the cake slices and layer them in dessert dishes.
- Top with about half the Banana mix and Yogurt.
- Add another layer of cake, followed by the remaining Yogurt and Bananas.