Dr Oz: Boost Metabolism With Carbohydrates
Haylie Pomroy, the Metabolism Whisperer, shared her weight loss plan to lose 20 pounds in 28 days, a three phase plan that revs up your metabolism and adds more fat to your diet to help you lose weight. Pomroy said the first phase of the plan lasts for two days and involves eating carbs to heal the thyroid gland and make it healthier. She said this phase will help the body feel better almost immediately. She also said the first phase of her plan includes sweet fruits and carbohydrates to sustain you throughout the entire day.
It may sound contradictory to add fat to lose fat, but Dr. Oz and Pomroy both think it works. Check out the three recipes below she wants everyone to give a try.
Haylie Pomroy Strawberry French Toast Recipe
Haylie Pomroy Strawberry French Toast Ingredients:
- 1 slice sprouted-grain bread
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Stevia or Xylitol
Haylie Pomroy Strawberry French Toast Directions:
- Add egg whites, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl and whisk together. Dip the bread into the mixture, making sure to soak both sides.
- Cook in a skillet and turn occasionally until both sides are cooked evenly.
- As the French toast cooks, add the strawberries to a small pan and heat at a low setting. Pour in the lemon juice and Stevia after two minutes and continue cooking until warmed through. Pour over French toast and serve hot.
Haylie Pomroy Baked Cinnamon Grapefruit Recipe
Haylie Pomroy Baked Cinnamon Grapefruit Ingredients:
- 1 grapefruit, pink
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch of cardamom (optional)
Haylie Pomroy Baked Cinnamon Grapefruit Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the grapefruit and divide into sections. Top with cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes and serve.
Haylie Pomroy Chicken and Broccoli Bowl Recipe
Haylie Pomroy Chicken and Broccoli Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley or cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Haylie Pomroy Chicken and Broccoli Bowl Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the broth, vegetables, 1 cup water and parsley to a large pot and bring to a boil. Stir in the rice and bring to second boil. Cover the pot and cook on low for about 25 minutes. Take off the lid and cook for 5 minutes more then remove from heat and set aside.
- While the rice is cooking, combine the chicken, broccoli, lime juice, parsley, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and combine well until the chicken and broccoli are fully coated. Pour the chicken and broccoli mixture into a large baking dish and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set aside to cool. Evenly divide the rice into four servings and do the same with the chicken mixture.