Dr Oz: 300 Calorie Breakfasts
Dr Oz was all about helping us Jump Start our routines, from Breakfast to the Bedroom. He invited Chef Art Smith to show off some low calorie ways we can get our day off on the right foot.
Low calorie options are a great way to avoid weight gain, and many people do consider breakfast to be the most important meal of the day.
Read Jorge Cruise’s Microwave Muffin Recipe.
Dr Oz: Lady Gaga’s Family Restaurant
Chef Art Smith is someone who believes in creating health meals for others. He said he recently opened a new restaurant with the parents of singer Lady Gaga.
The restaurant, called Joanne’s, is located on the Upper West Side in New York City. Chef Art said that Lady Gaga is a big fan of breakfast, and he loves making healthy breakfasts for her.
Chef Art: Back to the Family Book Review
Chef Art has a new book, called Back to the Family, focusing on the communal experience of food, and featuring over 150 recipes.
Dr Oz: Oatmeal Grits Recipe
This grits recipe only has 270 calories. Chef Art said that small decisions can add up to a healthy lifestyle, and it’s important to start the day off with a good breakfast.
The recipe features Broccolini, a vegetable in the Broccoli family.
- 1 c. Oatmeal, cooked
- 1 c. Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ½ c. Broccolini, blanched
- ½ tsp. Hot Sauce
- 1 c. Mushrooms, roasted
- ½ tsp. Chives, minced
- Combine oatmeal and broth in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer until creamy.
- Blend Broccolini. Simmer for about a minute, then remove from heat.
- Add hot sauce and cheese.
- Place the mix in a bowl, sprinkling mushrooms & chives on top.
Dr Oz: Fresh Fruit Parfait Recipe
- ½ c. Greek Yogurt
- ½ c. Strawberries, fresh
- ½ c. Blueberries, fresh
- 1 tsp. Honey
- ¼ c. Granola
- Fresh mint
- Layer ¼ of yogurt in the bottom of a glass or container.
- Add half the honey, then another yogurt layer.
- Add a layer of ¼ c. of strawberries & ¼ cup blueberries.
- Add another layer of yogurt, as well as another layer of berries.
- Then add the remaining yogurt and honey.
- Top with granola and use mint for garnish.
Dr Oz: Baked Frittata Recipe
Don’t skip the yolk on this one. Dr. Oz said it is good for you, so eat up!
- ½ c. Omelet Batter
- ¼ c. Red Onion, roasted
- ¼ c. Mushrooms, roasted
- ¼ c. Roasted Red Pepper
- ¼ c. Roma Tomatoes, fresh
- ¼ c. Baby Spinach, fresh
- Spray a baking pan and set aside.
- Blend eggs and pour into pan, topping with fresh veggie mix.
- Using high heat, bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.