Dr Oz: 10-Day Weight Loss Plan
Now that you know how to look 10 years younger and have the year’s hottest beauty trends, Dr Oz continued this affordable DIY makeover episode with a 10-day weight loss plan. Check out the advice he got from Kim Lyons about Zucchini Pasta, Fat Flush Water, Protein Super Spice and Cauliflower Popcorn.
Kim Lyons: Ultimate 10-Day Weight Loss
Trainer and author Kim Lyons was once about 25 pounds overweight as a college student. But she made her health a priority and has since been an inspiration to many, including contestants on The Biggest Loser.
Kim said you have to say no to excuses if you want to be successful. She also said you can’t be afraid of failure or you’ll never get started. Here are some of the keys to her 10-day plan.
Kim Lyons: Fat Flush Water Recipe
- 1 Tangerine
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 slice Grapefruit
- 2 leaves Peppermint
- Prepare ingredients and combine them together in a water pitcher.
- Store in refrigerator for easy access.
- Drink at least three 8-ounce servings daily (one before each meal) for 10 days.
- In addition, drink as much of this water as you’d like.
For more tasty flavored water recipes, check out Dr Oz’s Energy Drink Alternatives.
Dr Oz: Zucchini Pasta Recipe
When in doubt, always go with Green Carbs instead of Brown Ones. While some Brown Carbs can be healthy, Green Carbs are lower in calories and will help you avoid a sugar crash later on.
For Zucchini Pasta, just slice your Zucchini and saute it in a light oil.
Kim also recommended using lettuce instead of bread whenever possible. You can wrap your sandwich in lettuce instead of using carb-heavy breads.
Dr Oz: Protein Super Spice Recipe
Spicing up your protein will add flavor without calories and other nutritional no-nos. Here’s what Kim suggested for the Super Spice Protein Recipe.
- Chili Powder
- Mustard Seeds
- Mix ingredients together.
- Coat protein, such as chicken or fish, with about 2 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Store remaining spice in an airtight container for later use.
Dr Oz: Cauliflower Popcorn Recipe
You can use Cauliflower as a filling and light alternative to popcorn. Check out another Dr Oz segment for more Cauliflower Ideas.
- 2 heads Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Hemp Seeds
- Chop Cauliflower.
- Combine with other ingredients on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 420 degrees.
Enjoy a crunchy snack without the buttery