Dr Oz: $5 Home Remedy for Sore Throats
Dr. Oz went over the best $5 home remedies for bad breath, sore throats, sore backs and toothaches and now he has even more home remedies to help you with your biggest beauty concerns.
Dr Oz: $5 Gram Flour Facial Mask Home Remedy For Aging
Dr. Oz reached out to Canyon Ranch for his next batch of $5 home remedies and asked them to come up with some skincare remedies. Canyon Ranch, which is known for their anti-aging treatments, had some great and inexpensive treatments to make you look young again.
Laura Hittleman, the beauty services manager at Canyon Ranch, said women spend a lot of money on spa treatments but she had a quick and cheap spa treatment you can do at home that will help with age spots and wrinkles. Get the recipe for the gram flour facial mask below:
Dr Oz Gram Flour Facial Mask Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons Gram Flour (Made from Ground Chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ tablespoon Turmeric (offers anti-inflammatory benefits and calms redness)
Dr Oz Gram Flour Facial Mask Directions:
- Mix to a pudding consistency and apply to your face.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes. Afterwards, loosen with warm water and buff off the skin.
Dr Oz: $5 Home Remedy Lemon Sugar Lip Exfoliate
Similar to treating dry skin, Laura Hittleman explained you need a brush to treat dry, chapped lips. You accomplish this by taking a toothbrush and thoroughly running it over your lips. Be gentle when rubbing your lips, making sure not to irritate them. After you brush your lips, rub on the following mixture:
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice – brightens the lips
- 1 teaspoon sugar – exfoliates the lips
- 1 teaspoon raw honey – heals damaged lips
Dr Oz: $5 Almond Oil Hair Wrap
Hittleman said almond oil is a wonderful treatment for dull hair because it can improve hair strength while leaving it smooth and shiny.
- Warm almond oil & massage into hair
- Wrap hair in warm towel
- Set hair for 30-60 minutes
- Wash & condition hair