Dr Oz: 21 Day Summer Slimdown Plan
Dr. Oz talked with the fat-fighting duo of Billy Blanks Jr. and his wife, Sharon Catherine, about their 21 Day Summer Slimdown plan which can help you burn up to 1,000 calories in just an hour. They already went over the dieting guidelines for their slimdown diet and they shared their metabolism-boosting drink recipe that will have you burning even more calories.
21 Day Summer Slimdown Diet Guidelines
Billy Blanks Jr., the creator of Dance it Out, said when he and his wife came up with the 21 Day Summer Slimdown plan, they focused on what time of the day you need to eat certain foods. The most important thing to remember is to load up on carbs in the morning so you have the rest of the day to burn them off.
Below is a list of what you want to eat during each meal of the day:
Carb Lover’s Breakfast: Blanks said it is important to prepare a healthy breakfast every morning. He suggested eating whole grain waffles spread with almond butter with a cup of blueberries or a whole grain English muffin with two eggs and two slices of turkey bacon.
Triple Your Protein At Lunch: Sharon Catherine Blanks said there are lots of options for protein besides lean meat and fish. She suggested trying black beans, tofu or chickpeas.
Have a Mandatory Mini-Meal At 4 PM: Blanks Jr. said it is important to have a mini-meal because it means you will have a lighter dinner. He suggested drinking a tall glass of tomato juice to hold you over.
Sharon Blanks Salad Dressing Recipe
Sharon Blanks told Dr. Oz she loves making a beautiful salad with dark leafy greens, bright clementines and other colorful fruits and vegetables when it comes time for dinner.
Sharon Blanks Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon raw soy sauce
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
Sharon Blanks Salad Dressing Directions:
- Blend the avocado in a food processor. Add in the olive oil and sea salt. Add the raw soy sauce, then squeeze out the seeds with a cheesecloth. Combine everything together and drizzle over a salad.
Billy Blanks 100 Calorie Freezer Snack Foods
Billy Blanks Jr. says the good thing about freezer snacks is they are so cold you eat them slower, but they are also healthy. Try eating some of the following frozen snacks when you get hungry.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen grapes
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt covered blueberries
- 5 almond butter and banana sandwiches
- 2 frozen dark chocolate squares
Billy Blanks Jr. Dance It Out Workout Review
Billy Blanks Jr. and his wife, Sharon Catherine Blanks. demonstrated their high-energy workout for Dr. Oz’s audience. They were even joined by Dr. Oz and several audience members as they danced off some extra pounds.
Dr Oz: Health Reminders Around the World
People from all over the world know being healthy is important and in some places they have erected some pretty big health reminders.
- In Bathhurst, South Africa there is a 55 foot pineapple structure designed to teach you all about this healthy food, which aids digestion, coughing and bruising.
- In London, England there is a monstrous sculpture of a person swimming through the grass. Swimming for just one hour can burn up to 650 calories.
- In Minneapolis, Minnesota there is huge spoon and cherry bridge. The cherry weighs 1,200 pounds and is topped with a sprinkler system. Did you know that tart cherries contain the highest amount of melatonin which helps to regulate sleep patterns?