Dr Oz: Chakra Diet 7 Chakras
Dr Oz explored the health secrets of alternative medicine that Tibetan Monks have been practicing through the centuries. That’s how he learned about the Five Tibetan Rites for better health.
There is also the Chakra Diet, targeting the body’s seven Chakras. Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary is a Holistic Guru who showed Dr Oz which foods can fuel and sustain each of the Chakras.
Dr Chaudhary explained that fueling the Chakras is about the food’s color and vibrations in the body, not soley its nutritional value. That’s at least a new spin on the diet philosophy.
Dr Oz and Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary took a tour of the body’s seven Chakras, their purposes, and the foods that can help fuel them in our bodies.
Dr Oz Chakras: Root Chakra
- Color: Red
- Purpose: It is supposed to keep us grounded and centered.
- Biology: It aids the intestines and the rectum (does that mean it’s Dr Oz’s favorite?).
- Foods: Pomegranate and other red foods. They recommended Pomegranate Juice or eating the fruit fresh.
Dr Oz Chakras: Navel Chakra
- Color: Orange
- Purpose: Creativity
- Biology: Bladder, kidneys, & reproductive system.
- Foods: Citrus fruits like Oranges or Tangerines.
Dr Oz Chakras: Solar Plexus Chakra
- Color: Yellow
- Purpose: Willpower & Self Esteem
- Biology: Digestive Organs
- Food: Yellow Lentils
Dr Oz Chakras: Heart Chakra
- Color: Green (I guess red was already taken)
- Purpose: Love and Compassion. Green in nature is seen as the expression of love.
- Biology: Cardiovascular System
- Foods: Kale or other greens give you antioxidants. This Chakra is the most nourishing and can help keep the others in balance.
Dr Oz Chakras: Throat Chakra
- Color: Blue
- Purpose: Truth and Expression; a go between for the heart and mind.
- Biology: Thyroid Gland
- Foods: Blueberries or other blue foods.
Dr Oz Chakras: Third Eye Chakra
- Color: Indigo
- Purpose: Natural Intuition
- Biology: Pituitary Gland
Dr Oz Chakras: Crown Chakra
- Color: Violet
- Purpose: Master Chakra. The mind is our connection to our highest self.
- Biology: The brain’s Pineal Gland.
- Food: Eggplant
Now that you know the seven Chakras, you can use this information to fuel the parts of your physical or spiritual health that need an extra boost.