Dr Oz: Are You Addicted To Lip Balm?
Many of us use lip balm, but Dr Oz said that some people could actually be addicted to it. What does Dr Oz recommend as the best moisturizers for lips?
One woman said she uses it all the time, so Dr Oz put her to the test to see whether she could go without lip balm for 24 hours. She did not quite make it through the day without having to cheat.
Dr Oz: Signs You’re Addicted To Lip Balm
Dr Oz said that the surface of our skin, including the lips, is meant to release dead tissue. Lip balm can actually prevent moisture from getting through to hydrate the lips. Do you think you might be addicted to lip balm? Take Dr Oz’s quiz.
- Do you apply lip balm more than three times in a day?
- Do you keep lip balm in multiple places for easy access?
- Do you think about reapplying even while you are eating?
- Have friends and family brought up your use of lip balm?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, Dr Oz said you could be addicted to lip balm. How can you break the cycle?
Dr Oz Best Moisturizers for Lips: Lip Balm Alternatives
The first step to shutting off your lip balm addiction is to avoid products containing Camphor, Menthol, or Phenol. These create a satisfying tingle, which is what causes you to crave more.
Doctor Oz’s lip balm alternatives included Shea Butter, Lanolin, and Coconut Oil. He said that Coconut Oil also naturally protects your lips from the sun.
Do you think you could switch to a different type of lip care treatment?
Dr Oz Inspirational Quotes from Comedians
Inspirational messages can help us get through the day, so Dr Oz shared some favorite life lessons from comedians.
- “Everyone looks so much better when they smile.” – Jimmy Fallon
- “There are no mistakes, only opportunities.” – Tina Fey
- “No one looks stupid when they’re having fun.” – Amy Poehler
- “Look to the future, because that is where you’ll spend the rest of your life.” – George Burns