Dr Oz: 10 Habits to Help You Live Longer
On today’s show, Dr. Oz shared ten habits you can start right now in order to live a longer, healthier life. They are quick, easy, and practical tips, so let’s get started!
Dr Oz: Eat Red Foods
10. If the color red is missing from your diet, it’s time to add it in: red foods like cabbage and beet juice contain nitrates, which help relax blood vessels.
Dr Oz: Drink Black Tea
9. Just 1 cup of black tea can boost your chance of survival during a heart attack, so drink one every day!
Dial Phone Numbers from Memory
8. Don’t simply press ‘send’ on your phone: if you dial one phone number by memory each day, you will improve your brain function.
Use the First Bathroom Stall
7. Public bathrooms can be dirty, but if you’ve got to go, use the first stall: Dr Oz said that studies indicate that the first stall of the bathroom is the cleanest because most people walk right by it.
Walk 2 Steps at a Time
6. Every time you walk up steps, take 2 at a time instead of one. This is a great way to sneak in a workout that strengthens the muscles of your butt and thighs.
Stretch After Hot Shower
5. Stretching after a hot shower will keep you flexible and improve your posture. One stretch that you can try is called “the trunk twist.” Put your hands on your waist, bend forward, and then twist all the way around. Look behind you, and then repeat on the other side.
Hold Your Breath for 10 Seconds
4. Hold your breath for 10 seconds- this is an unexpected yet easy workout that you can do by breathing through nose, then exhaling through pursed lips.
Dr Oz: Reverse Warrior Yoga Move
3. The Reverse Warrior pose keeps you nice and limber. Take a large step forward with your left foot and bend your knee to 90 degrees, all while keeping your right leg straight. Lift up your left arm and stretch. Hold this yoga pose for 20 seconds.
Chew Your Food 20 Times
2. If you eat slowly, you eat less: Dr Oz suggested chewing your food 20 times.
Cut Cravings in Half
1. Lastly, Dr Oz said to cut your cravings in half in order to cut calories. This way, you can still enjoy the foods you love, but will only feel half-guilty about them!