Dr Oz: Unleash the Power Of the Female Brain Review
Dr. Daniel Amen, author of Unleash the Power of the Female Brain, has found out something women have known all along: women’s brains are far superior to male brains. He came to this conclusion after doing brains scans of 40,000 people and finding that a man’s brain is much larger but a woman’s brain is much more active in many of the more important areas.
Dr Daniel Amen: “Brains Scans Necessary”
Dr. Amen told Dr. Oz he is a psychiatrist, a field of medicine where the doctor treats the patient without ever having looked at the organ they are treating. For this reason he believes it is malpractice if a doctor does not order a brain scan of the patient to look at. He argued that no doctor can provide the best care possible without seeing what the brain looks like on a scan. Looking at a brain scan is the only way a doctor can truly treat a patient.
Dr Oz: Women Go To Jail 14 Percent Less Than Men
Dr. Amen said after performing over 40,000 brain scans of men and women he found the biggest difference between the two to be in the superiority of the female brain and the five biggest strengths it possesses.
- Empathy – This important human skill allows a person to understand the people around them which is the reason women are wonderful caretakers of small children. It also helps a person see other people’s points of view more easily.
- Appropriate Worry – Dr. Amen said never worrying is worse for your health than having concerns all the time. He has found that you will live longer with appropriate amounts of worry rather than none at all.
- Intuition – Dr. Amen said gut intuition is stronger in women. Women tend to use more information to make a decision than a man does, meaning they are more likely to have an idea when something does not feel right.
- Self-Control – Women are far better at self control than men are. Women have been shown to go to prison 14 percent less than men and they live about seven years longer as well.
- Collaboration – Dr. Amen said this is an important trait that is stronger in women because it is related to bonding and connectedness.
Dr. Amen says a combination of these traits is the reason women make great leaders. He says we are seeing more women in Congress, for example, but he believes that number needs to keep growing.
Dr Oz: Four Supplements To Improve Brain Function
Dr. Amen told Dr. Oz he has a formula for unleashing the power of the female brain but he also cautioned that women need to protect their brains more because they are so much more active. He said this brain activity leads to depression and anxiety in more women than it does men. Dr. Amen and Dr. Oz recommended the following supplements to help improve and control brain function in women.
- SamE: Dr. Amen said this supplement helps women boost their mood, especially in women feeling sad and depressed. Take 400 to 800 mg two times per day but not too late or you may have trouble sleeping.
- L-Theanine: This product is found in green tea and helps to calm and relieve stress. Take 200 mg 2 to 3 times a day depending on how stressed out you are.
- Rhodiola: Dr. Amen said rhodiola will help women focus better by increasing blood flow to the brain. Take 100 mg two times per day.
- Grape Seed Extract: Dr. Amen said grape seed extract is a powerful antioxidant that will also make you look and feel younger. He added that there is a direct connection between the health of your skin and the health of your brain. Take 50 to 100 mg a day.
Dr Oz: How Many Pretzels Contain 100 Calories?
Dr. Oz said the key to staying healthy is by snacking smart and knowing how many calories you are consuming. Would you know what foods you eat contain 100 calories and how much of the food amounts to 100 calories?
- Air-popped popcorn: three cups contain 100 calories
- Hershey’s Kisses: five equal a 100 calorie treat
- Pretzels: 18 pretzels contain 100 calories