Dr Oz: Longevity Prescription For Women
Dr. Oz has a super longevity prescription for you that is going to add years to your life while at the same time reducing your risk for cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Keep reading to find out what advice Dr. Oz has for living longer, feeling younger and becoming healthier.
Dr Oz: Longevity Trifecta For Women
Dr. Oz created what he refers to as his longevity trifecta for women. All the information he is sharing on his March 6 2013 show will add years to your life while lowering your risk of cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Dr. Oz’s “prescription” includes eating vegetarian meals on the weekdays and eating meals with meat on the weekend because he believes this is one important step in living longer. Dr. Oz said your family is probably going to resist, which is why he has kept meat in the diet but pushed it to the weekends when people usually celebrate.
Dr Oz: Mexican Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
One great meal to keep your family held over and not asking for more is Dr. Oz’s Mexican vegetable lasagna. This recipe is going to have your kids begging for more without even knowing there isn’t any meat on their plates.
Dr Oz Mexican Vegetable Lasagna Ingredients:
- 1 (15-oz) can vegetarian chili
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 avocado, diced and mashed
- 1/4 cup ground cashews, or another nut you prefer
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Dr Oz Mexican Vegetable Lasagna Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 cooking pan.
- Layer 1/2 cup diced tomatoes on the bottom of the cooking pan and spread four tortillas over the tomatoes, being sure to overlap them.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the diced tomatoes over the tortillas, then spread 1 cup of the chili, 1/2 cup of the corn kernels and half of the avocados.
- Layer with four more tortillas, the rest of the tomatoes, chili, corn and avocado. Season with salt, cayenne and ground cumin and finish by sprinkling with ground cashews.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and garnish with cilantro.
Dr Oz: Drinking Light Beer Every Day Improves Longevity
Dr. Oz’s next prescription for longevity is a bit surprising. He is actually recommending you drink one light beer every single day. He said he is suggesting this because a recent study in Italy showed that beer has heart benefits similar to wine. The secret to the beer being healthy lies in the B vitamins and the malted barley, both of which improve longevity because of their benefits to your heart and bones.
Dr Oz: Aspirin Lowers Cancer Risk By 40 Percent
Dr. Oz has always recommended low-dose aspirin to prevent heart disease so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to any Dr. Oz fan that aspirin is also included in his longevity prescription. He told the audience a recent study showed taking aspirin can actually lower your risk for certain cancers by 40 percent. Dr. Oz suggested men and women over the age of 40 take two low-dose aspirin every day.
Dr Oz: 15 Minutes Of Movement Before 7 AM Adds Two Years
Dr. Oz’s next recommendation for longevity is moving around early in the morning. He said any type of movement for just 15 minutes before 7 a.m. has been shown to add two years to your life. It has even been shown to help you sleep better the following night.
Dr Oz: Stand Five Minutes Every Hour For Longevity
Did you know that sitting for more than four hours a day increases your risk for cancer, diabetes and heart disease? For that reason, Dr. Oz prescribed standing up for five minutes every hour regardless of what you are doing during the day.