Dr Oz: Take Social Media Break To Reduce Stress
If you are stressed out today, Dr. Oz had the perfect show for you. Dr. Oz February 25 2013 had a 24 hour stress cleanse that will help you reduce anxiety and turn around all the negative impacts it has had on your health.
Dr Oz: Cleansing Nightcap Recipe
Dr. Oz said he has a simple plan for reducing stress and all it takes is 15 minutes at the grocery store and about $50. The first step to relieve stress is enjoying a cleansing nightcap the evening before you start the cleanse. Dr. Rajita Sinha, director of the Yale Stress Center, said you should take the nightcap because it will help you get plenty of the rest before your body starts the detox.
Dr Oz Cleansing Nightcap Ingredients:
- Coffee mug with hot water
- 10 drops rosemary oil
- Juice of 1 lime
Dr Oz Cleansing Nightcap Directions:
- Take the coffee mug filled with water and add the 10 drops of rosemary oil and the lime juice.
- Take the drink into a hot shower and place it next to your shampoo bottle and take several deep breaths.
Dr. Sinha said this will help to calm your nerves and begin reducing the tension in your body.
Dr Oz: Morning Breathing Exercises To Reduce Stress
Dr. Sinha explained her three step breathing exercise to Dr. Oz’s audience. She said it is important to start your morning with this exercise because it will help you start your day with the least amount of stress as you can. Follow the steps below to start erasing stress from your life.
- Place both hands on your stomach, and as you breathe in, push your belly out toward your hands. As you breathe in and out you will begin to feel the knots in your stomach disappear.
- Next, place both hands on your chest just under your breasts on your ribcage. This time, focus on breathing in and out of your chest.
- Lastly, Dr. Sinha said to place your hands just below your collarbone and begin to breathe into the top part of your chest as you feel your shoulders go up and down.
Dr Oz: 24 Hour Social Media Hiatus Helps Reduce Stress
The next step in Dr. Oz’s 24 hour stress cleanse could be the hardest step for a lot of people. Dr. Jennifer Caudle said taking a break from social media is necessary in reducing stress because social media can cause problems with everything, from your sleep schedule to your relationships with people. Although there can be a great deal of good with all the information available on social media, it can also be the source of a great deal of stress.
Dr. Oz suggested taking the following steps to help lower your stress.
- Go off the grid and stay away from social media for 24 hours.
- Only use your cell phone for calls.
- Make cell phone-free times a part of your daily routine, especially if you have children.
- Unclutter your inbox by taking a few minutes to purge. Unsubscribe to those newsletters that you receive every day, but do not need.